Summer 2018 Love of Literacy Events
Join the Oceanside Promise partners to celebrate your kids and early literacy!
Free books, activities, food, and fun for families and kids, especially ages birth to 5
JUNE 2, 11am–2pm CROWN HEIGHTS RESOURCE FAIR
JUNE 19, 11:30am–1:30pm LIBBY LAKE PARK
JUNE 25, 11:30am–1:30pm JOE BALDERRAMA PARK
- Free Books
- Bouncy House Jumper
- Photo Opportunities with Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Read-A-Longs with SPECIAL guest readers
- Cotton Candy
- OUSD's Summer Meals Program for students
- Arts & Crafts
- Lemonade with a Cop
- Oceanside Public Library's Bookmobile
- Preschool & Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment
- A+ Teeth Mobile Dental Screenings
Come play, eat & read this June!
Special thanks to our sponsors: Walmart, Live Well San Diego, and North County Lifeline!
We could not hold these events without our wonderful partners at Oceanside Unified School District, City of Oceanside, Education Begins in the Home, Oceanside Public Library, Children's Paradise Preschool, North County Community Services Preschools, Boys & Girls Club of Oceanside, Palomar Family Counseling Services, & Vista Community Clinic.
Fall 2017 Book Drive
WE EXCEEDED OUR GOAL (10,000 Books):
Over 12,000 books collected & distributed to Oceanside's children!
The Oceanside Promise partners coordinated a community-wide book drive from October 23, 2017 through November 9, 2017. We collected new or gently used books in English and Spanish for children ages birth to five throughout Oceanside. Everything you needed to participate is provided below. If you need additional information, contact Kathryn Bussey at Kathryn@OceansidePromise.org.
- Sign Up (Google Form): Let us know you're participating through a quick and easy form
- Box Label Version 1 (PDF) or Box Label Version 2 (PDF): If you want to participate, tape one of these to a box placed centrally in your office
- Book Drive Wish List for Ages Birth to Five (PDF): Review the our list to get ideas for books that young children love to read over and over!
- Donate Online: Don't have time to buy books or coordinate a drive? No worries. Simply make an online donation or send a check to the Oceanside Promise, 603 Seagaze Drive, #734, Oceanside, CA 92054.
- Recruitment Flyer (PDF): Learn how you can coordinate a drive in your workplace or in the community; share the flyer with your networks to get more organizations involved!
- Promotional English/Spanish Flyer (PDF): Use this flyer to encourage your colleagues and employees to participate in the book drive. You can send it out via email, print it out and share it, or post it in visible locations.
- English Poster (12x18 PDF) & Spanish Poster (12x18 PDF): Print these and place them in a visible location in your facility
Suggested Emails/Social Media:
- Communications Tool Kit (Doc): This tool kit makes executing your book drive easy. Inside you will find email, voicemail, and social media messages to raise awareness and rally people connected to your organization to participate in the drive.
- Recruitment Email to Send to Your Contacts (Doc): Solicit more partners in the book drive.
The books collected have been distributed to Oceanside Unified School District’s Pre-Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Classrooms, City of Oceanside Public Library, City of Oceanside Community Resource Centers, Vista Community Clinic Parent Outreach Program, Education Begins in the Home, and more!